Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q:   What is the Heritage Home Program?

A: To view information regarding Heritage Home Program click here.


Q:  What is the Home Maintenance Grant Program? Click Here

A: To view information regarding Home Maintenance Grant Program click here.


Q: How do I go about obtaining a permit? And when are they necessary?

A: Visit our Permit Page (Insert link) or you may contact the Building Department at 216-641-4654


Q: How do I report an eyesore property?

A: To report an eyesore property click here. You may also contact the Building Department directly.


Q: Are there any programs for seniors in Newburgh Heights?

A: To view the programs available to senior citizens click here.


Q: How do I obtain a garage sale permit? And how many garage sales are allowed per year?

A: To obtain a garage sale permit click here. Garage sales shall be permitted between the hours of 9:00 am and 7:00 pm. No more than three garage sale permits may be issued to one residence during one calendar year.


Q: I’m selling/buying a house in Newburgh Heights what do I have to do?

A:  The Village of Newburgh Heights requires that all property owners, residential or commercial, putting the property for sale on the market obtain a Point of Sale from the Building Department. For more information regarding a Point of Sale, click here (insert link).

Q: How do I know if my property is a rental property?
A:  As per Newburgh Heights Codified Ordinance 1353.02, a “Rental Dwelling” means any dwelling unit, dwelling, multiple dwelling, two-family dwelling, apartment, or double house where any of the following conditions are met:
(1)  Consideration in the form of money or other valuable consideration is being paid for occupancy therein; of
(2)  A person other than the fee simple owner, or any tenant in common or joint tenant is occupying any Dwelling, Dwelling Unit, Multiple Dwelling, Two-Family Dwelling, Apartment or Double House, whether or not the person is paying consideration; or
(3)  The owner, joint tenant or tenant in common of any Dwelling, Dwelling Unit, Multiple Dwelling, Two-Family Dwelling, Apartment or Double House intends to rent any portion of any of the foregoing housing units. For more information regarding Rental Permits, click here (Insert link).

Q: What do I do if my property is vacant?

A: Any property in the Village of Newburgh Heights rental or non-rental properties are required to be registered as a vacant dwelling if the property will not be occupied for any length of time. The fee to register the property as vacant is $100. Click here (Insert Link) to obtain the Vacant Dwelling Application


Q:  My question is not answered here, how can I contact you?

A: You may contact the Building Department directly at 216-641-4654