Heritage Home Program
The Village of Newburgh Heights participates in the Cleveland Historical Society Heritage Home Program. This program offers assistance to Village residents who own older houses in three ways: free technical assistance, access to low interest home improvement loans, and assistance overseeing home projects when owners use their own funds (escrow service).
How Can My Home Qualify?
If your home is 50 years old or older and is located in a participating city, you can receive technical assistance and may qualify for a low-interest rehabilitation loan. The loan can be used for numerous interior and exterior projects that make your home more comfortable, while preserving architectural character.
Heritage Home Program virtual presentations
The Heritage Home Program’s virtual informational presentations are ongoing. Anyone interested in registering for one of the upcoming presentations can register online below.
- October 13 at 6:00pm: General Information Session
- October 20: Managing Your Home’s Exterior
- October 27 at 6:00pm: General Information Session
- November 10 at 6:00pm: General Information Session
- November 17 at 6:00pm: Historic Districts 101
- December 8 at 6:00pm: General Information Session
- December 15 at 6:00pm: Researching Your Home
Rehab 101 presentation recording: This presentation goes over the tips and tricks that help homeowners through their rehab and renovation projects. From planning what to start with, to checking if a final inspection has been completed.