Rental & Foreclosure Assistance
Is your home in foreclosure or are you being evicted from your rental property? Are you behind on your mortgage, rent or property taxes? Are you worried about your future ability to pay because of an impending layoff, medical issues or other imminent crisis? Our HUD-approved housing counselors will help you stay in your home and regain financial stability. These services are free of charge through funding from HUD, United Way, Cuyahoga County and others.
Heritage Home Program
We offer a range of services that help you repair, maintain & preserve the historic features of your home and increase its value, while updating interior features and installing energy efficient systems. CRS has built an excellent reputation for facilitating high quality rehabilitations that save you money.
The Heritage Home Program is a regional program operated by the Heritage Home Educational Society, a subsidiary of The Cleveland Restoration Society.
You can find more information on the following services:
- Technical Assistance: services that help repair, maintain, and rehab your older home, while retaining architectural features and increasing your home’s value
- Loan Program: fixed-low interest financing to assist homeowners in rehabilitation projects for their older homes
- Workshops: educational workshops that address your home maintenance and rehab issues
- Homeowner Gallery: success stories and “before” and “after” photos of previous projects
Home Maintenance Grant Program
Village of Newburgh Heights residents may apply for reimbursement funds of the total cost to repairs on property they own in Newburgh Heights. Qualified grant applicants can recieve up to 50% of the total actual cost of home improvements up to $1,000 maximum, provided the total cost of qualifying improvements is at least five hundred dollars ($500.00).
Reimbursements will be considered for one (1) qualifying repair per property each year, and up to three (3) repairs per property over a five-year period. Reimbursements are not loans and do not have to be repaid.
Dominion energy Ohio’s Home Performance with Energy Star Program
Dominion Energy Ohio’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program takes a comprehensive approach to help boost your home’s comfort and long-term value, while keeping your energy bills in check. Starting with a home energy assessment, your entire home will be evaluated as one interconnected system to understand exactly how it’s using—and wasting—energy.
Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
Legal Aid represents eligible individuals, families, and groups in a variety of civil legal matters. To apply for help with a case, you can apply online 24/7 or call us at 1.888.817.3777 Monday, Wednesday, & Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Tuesday & Thursday from 9:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m.
Requests to Legal Aid for help far exceed Legal Aid’s available resources, so not all applicants’ can be represented, and may be referred for other services.
Fair Housing Center for Rights & Research
The Fair Housing Center regularly conducts fair housing law seminars and events for landlords, property managers, real estate professionals, social workers, attorneys, government officials, newspaper publishers, and others. In addition, we conduct workshops for consumers on avoiding predatory lending.
Since 2005, the Fair Housing Center has also conducted conferences and trainings on predatory lending, building accessible housing, disability rights, and legal and other strategies for addressing fair housing issues.
In addition, Fair Housing Center employees have been invited to participate in a number of conferences, forums and panels on various aspects of fair housing and fair lending.
Schedule a Fair Housing Presentation
Contact the Fair Housing Center if your organization is interested in learning more about fair housing and fair lending. We are happy to provide, at no cost, an interesting and informative program to meet your needs. Our staff, volunteers and Board members are available to give presentations on the following topics:
- Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing
- Fair Housing Organizations – What Can They Do For You?
- Fair Housing and Disability
- Fair Housing and Mental Health Disabilities
- Fair Housing for Landlords and Rental Property Owners
- Fair Housing for Real Estate Professionals
- Fair Housing and Condominiums: An Overview
- Fair Housing and Municipalities
CHN Housing Partners
CHN can help with your housing and related needs. We offer affordable housing and homeownership opportunities in Cleveland and inner-ring suburbs. For those living in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, we also provide utility bill assistance, foreclosure/eviction prevention services, free tax preparation, financial and student debt counseling, and many group classes (e.g., homebuyer preparation, computer, and Internet). For Cuyahoga County residents and surrounding counties, we provide energy and weatherization services to eligible households (e.g., home insulation, refrigerator replacement).
Lead Safe Coalition
The Coalition is focused on preventing lead poisoning. The centerpiece of this effort is the Lead Safe Certification.
The Coalition is also works on:
- Education and community engagement
- Increased screening and testing for lead poisoning, and
- Early intervention for children and families impacted by lead.
The Coalition elevates the voices of residents, landlords, advocates, and experts. We rely on the experiences of those who have been impacted by lead poisoning in:
- Developing policy recommendations;
- Creating the Lead Safe Home Fund;
- Establishing the Lead Safe Resource Center; and
- Educating and empowering community members to make their neighborhoods lead safe.